Advanced Search

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT - Sections of trans on separate confidential transcript - TC does not maintain page numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT - Sections of trans on separate confidential transcript - TC does not maintain page numbers

within TCP, bringing in an ASCII that has sections on separate transcript marked confidential. The files indeed have page numbers that signify the "skipped lines" but TCP puts the next line instead.
    EXAMPLE:

[On ASCII .txt file -] on Page 342 (stip that 343-350 on seperate confidential trans). testimony continues at Page 351.
    [Within TCP-] Timecoder Pro renumbers transcript so that the next page is 343 (instead of being 351 as on the ASCII txt file).
    Unfortunately I cannot send these files to anyone.

How do I get around this ????

Don Greco

Hey Don! I would imagine the way your transcript is formatted is throwing off TimeCoder with that page number. Open your transcript in notepad. The lines that are confidential should have a line in notepad with the line number as well as the sequential page numbers going with it. If pages and lines are skipped in the transcript and do not appear, then TimeCoder will just assume the page numbering is wrong and re-sequence it for you. If you want to redact or remove lines from a transcript so they are not shown in court, then each line must have a (confidential) text and must be marked as unspoken lines by hitting the 'X' key when quality controlling the transcript in TimeCoder.

Comment

Working...
    X