What's your Text Editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your Text Editor?

A few of us debated over the best text editor for day to day use. I like UltraEdit myself but most of my colleagues prefer NotePad++. Tell us which one you prefer among these 3 common eDiscovery text editors
    NotePad++
    43.33%
    TextPad
    23.33%
    Ultraedit
    33.33%

Sorry, I like neither Ultraedit, nor Notepad++. I find TextPad much better than either of them.

Comment

I've been using Notepad++ for over a decade, myself, and love the functionality it offers not just for working with load files and legal data, but also for working with code files for SQL and other languages.
      "Tough and Competent." Tough means we are forever accountable for what we do or what we fail to do. ... Competent means we will never take anything for granted.

- Gene Krantz, NASA Flight Director (Gemini, Apollo)

Comment

Gus, I agree--Notepad++ was pretty essential when I was coding SQL.

Comment

TextPad fan here, mostly because I've been using it for 15+ years. That said, if you need to edit docs with Unicode, you kind of have to use UltraEdit.

Underrated function in TextPad: An ability to capture MS-DOS Command Prompt output and then edit it.
          "Never tell your people how to do things. Tell them what you want and they'll amaze you with their creativity." - Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

• Cody Luera
            Cody Luera commented
            Editing a comment
            Pretty cool! I will have to check this out.

Another advantage of Textpad, it does not lock the file.

Comment

i am a TextPad guy

Comment

I've used textpad for over 10 years. I also like EM Editor. I can open 25GB text files with any encoding whatsoever. It also does not lock the file.

Comment

I bounce between Notepad++ and Textpad. I've been using both for over a decade, for SQL queries, ++ is my favorite. I didn't know that about the MS-dos Command prompt trick in Textpad!

Comment

I only very recently started using Notepad ++ whose interface reminds me of Visual Studio. It's too early for me to have an informed opinion about it but I'd have to agree with jdudley. Probably would just switch between Notepad++ and Textpad.
                  Last edited by David Gilliam; 04-20-2017, 01:01 PM.

Comment

I have been kind of forced to use Editpad or notepad+, but I miss my beloved Textpad

Comment

Working...
                    X