This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy+ Opens in Demo Mode

When Copy+ opens in Demo Mode it is due to it losing authorization. Close out of Copy+ and open Services. Locate the Ipro Auth Service and start it if it is not started or restart the service. Re-open Copy+ and the application will no longer be in Demo Mode

Also ensure the Windows user account has write permissions to the following registry key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Ipro Tech\CopyPlus

If the user does not have the ability to write a sessionID, Copy Plus will not be able to validate authorization

Comment

Copy+ should be installed under a Local Admin account on the machine and the Windows User Account that will be using Copy+ should also have Local Admin privileges.

Comment

Diego, while adding a user as a Local Admin account may work, some environments cannot have a standard user with local administrator rights.

When your user account is NOT a local administrator, it is prohibited from binding on any endpoint such as localhost:9800. Copy+ requires this as they create an internal service endpoint that is only used within the application during runtime to call out to the Ipro Auth Service. Non-administrator users and accounts are prevented from binding on certain endpoints due to the Discretionary Access Control List (DACL) in Windows. To add a reservation for a specific user, you can use the following command:

netsh http add urlacl url=http://localhost:9800/ user=DOMAIN\UserAccount

More information on this command can be found here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

Making that change allows the software to bind on that internal endpoint, allowing the users to use the application.

In addition, I wanted to add a list of locations that Copy+ requires the user to have full control of:
        • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IproTech\
        • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IproTech\
        • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Ipro Tech\CopyPlus
        • The system directory*
        • The collections folder*
        • The export folder*
        • C:\Program Files (x86)\Ipro Tech
        • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\IPRO Tech
        List of registry keys that contain the auth ip and port number. They must all match:
        • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\IproTech\I2KSYS\Paths
        • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Ipro Tech\CopyPlus
        • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IPROTech\I2KSYS\Paths
        • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\IPROTech\Paths\CopyPlus
        Last edited by Cody Luera; 08-02-2018, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• Cody Luera
          Cody Luera commented
          Editing a comment
          Also, don't forget the trailing slash in the endpoint!

We were able to determine another reason for the Demo mode here today, how we identified this unique situation was that Copy+ was not showing within the Control Panels Programs and Features.

We needed to delete the Copy+ Files from ProgramFiles(x86) and then run Ccleaner's registry fix until there were no more items to be fixed. After this we ran the installer and it kept failing to install (reverting back all changes about half way through and then stating there was an error on the finish screen).

To properly get Copy+ to install and leave Demo mode we needed to update the following registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem\NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation value from '2' to '0' to enable Short File Name Creation.

Comment

I ran into another issue where it would not exit demo mode even after doing all of this. The process we used to leave demo mode was.

--When running the CCleaner Registry Cleaner I would recommend to make a back up the first time you search and fix all issues (it will prompt for this) you shouldn't need to do this each time you run it. I would recommend to run the scan and fix until there are no more registry problems.

> Login to the Local Administrator account.
          > Uninstall Copy+
          > Install and Run CCleaner Run Registry cleaner.
          > Login to user account that is going to be running Copy+
          > Uninstall Copy+ if it exists.
          > Run CCleaner and Run Registry Cleaner.

If this does not work I would recommend to first make the user account that is going to be running Copy+ a local administrator, follow the steps above and then remove it as a local administrator.

Comment

Working...
          X