Advanced Search

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video questions from a newbie - Clips and Segments and Monitor Presentation Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video questions from a newbie - Clips and Segments and Monitor Presentation Display

Dear TD Expert Friends,

I have two basic questions regarding video things. I am using TD v6.8:
    1. I made some clip segments. When I play the clip, there are portions of the clip that contain content from in between the segments. I thought it would skip those non-segmented parts and just go from segment to segment, how else would editing out objections work? Any insight into how clip segments work and why I’m seeing/hearing these interstitial bits between the segments would be appreciated.
    1. I have two monitors. Is it possible to have the Presentation preview mode display on one monitor and the real presentation play on the other? How would I arrange that?

Thank you All so much again and Happy New Year!

Thanks for using Ipro Community.

Answers to your questions below:
    1. I made some clip segments. When I play the clip, there are portions of the clip that contain content from in between the segments. I thought it would skip those non-segmented parts and just go from segment to segment, how else would editing out objections work? Any insight into how clip segments work and why I’m seeing/hearing these interstitial bits between the segments would be appreciated.

With TrialDirector 6 open, you would normally navigate to the Transcript Manager tab (bottom left-ish) and create your clips or clips with segments. A clip is represented with a clapboard icon and one speech bubble if you expand it. If you have multiple speech bubbles below the clapboard these will be segments under one clip or clapboard icon.

To edit down these clips, you would need to double-click on the clip / clapboard in the Transcript Manager explorer. (It might say "Full Clip") This will queue it up. From there, click the Clip Editor tab along the top and this would let you edit down the start / end times of your clip or segment depending on your workflow. Once you've edited these down, save the start and end times.

The preferred way to review your clips and segments is in the Clip Editor tab. You should be able to Play the Selected Segment (Green Play icon with one dash next to it) or Play the Full Clip (Green Play icon with two dashes next to it)

If you try to review your clip in the Transcript tab or anywhere outside of the Clip Editor tab, the video stream will continue to play because transcript tab is meant to play from beginning to end. The only way to review your custom cuts is within the clip editor. The exception here is if you've updated your clip cuts / segments and then present those in Presentation at a later point, this playback will reflect what you see in Clip Editor tab. Definitely review your cuts in Clip Editor tab and Presentation to ensure they line up. Using Industry compliant MPEG-4 (MP4) video files will ensure that they line up properly.
    2. I have two monitors. Is it possible to have the Presentation preview mode display on one monitor and the real presentation play on the other? How would I arrange that?

This is controlled by a few components. In Windows 10, make sure that your 2 screens show up in Display Settings. Under the Multiple Displays drop-down, ensure that it's set to "Extend these displays".

In Presentation Preview or full Presentation Mode, go to the bottom left of the toolbar and click the blue tristar symbol. From the pull-up, choose Preferences then click "Stage" from the menu on the left. Put the bullet next to Secondary Monitor and then press OK. This should push full Presentation Mode to the secondary screen assuming that it was set to Extend in Windows 10.
    Can't see pictures? You might have to register or login.

Comment

Thank you so much Silver Star Chris!

Erika

Comment

Working...
      X