Is Trial Director still available ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Trial Director still available ?

I was going to have to switch a license to a new computer for testing, so I went on the site and it appears that one can not even BUY Trial Director any more.
    Is there a number to call so that I can move a TD license toa new laptop ? I don't want to buy yet another one just for testing, and don't want the demo "nag screen"

Ipro 360 / TrialDirector 360 is available for purchase.

TrialDirector 6 maintenance can be renewed if it already hasn't lapsed, however, if you are looking to purchase a brand new license of TrialDirector 6 - please contact Ipro Sales for options on this. TrialDirector 360 replaces older / legacy products like TrialDirector 6 so typically - legacy products aren't sold after the release of their replacement.

If you are looking to move a license of TrialDirector 6 from Computer A to Computer B, please setup a support ticket and we can adjust your activation to do this. There's no charge for activation.

Keep in mind that if you are moving TrialDirector 6 from an older computer with an older Operating System such as Windows 7 to Windows 10, you may need the latest installer of TrialDirector 6 to work with the latest Windows 10 updates. The serial number you use at that time will have to be in maintenance to receive the latest installer.
    Can't see pictures? You might have to register or login.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Greco View Post
      I was going to have to switch a license to a new computer for testing, so I went on the site and it appears that one can not even BUY Trial Director any more.
      Is there a number to call so that I can move a TD license to a new laptop ? I don't want to buy yet another one just for testing, and don't want the demo "nag screen"
      Don, Ipro moved my license from a Win 7 machine to a Win 10 machine yesterday. The windows 7 machine hard drive got corrupted and was unusable.

I don't know if you are talking abut moving a TD360 or a TD 6.x license but...Just make sure that if you are moving a licence of TD 6.x to a Win 10 machine that has an Nvidia driver that is after April 2018 (and can't use an older driver than April 2018), you will have an issue of having audio only (no video) when editing in Transcript Manager. A small issue to some --- but a huge one to others.

Comment

Originally posted by joeywatson View Post

(Truncated) Just make sure that if you are moving a licence of TD 6.x to a Win 10 machine that has an Nvidia driver that is after April 2018 (and can't use an older driver than April 2018), you will have an issue of having audio only (no video) when editing in Transcript Manager. A small issue to some --- but a huge one to others.
        This sums up the behavior but wanted to clarify. The NVidia driver needs to be capable of being rolled back to before April 2018. If the NVidia driver is from a new NVidia Chipset that was released after April 2018 then it may never qualify for this. While users could successfully roll-back drivers earlier this year, NVidia has taken away some of the older roll-back options - forcing the user to push a driver past April 2018. If your NVidia driver date shows between April 2018 and today's date then it's possible that the no video issue will happen.

This does not affect older NVidia cards from 2016 and early 2017. The issue also does not affect AMD / ATI cards and Intel Onboard Video Card chipsets. It seems to only affect NVidia hardware.

This post explains more about the NVidia 64-bit driver issue

https://community.iprotech.com/forum...o-driver-issue
        Can't see pictures? You might have to register or login.

Comment

Working...
        X