MPEG2 Video Extension by Microsoft - Clips Cutting Off in Presentation Mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPEG2 Video Extension by Microsoft - Clips Cutting Off in Presentation Mode

MPEG2 Video Extension is an application for Windows 10, created by Microsoft, that installs an MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 Codec. It appears, when you try to playback MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 media in the Movies & TV application, you get prompted with the pop-up showed below. It has been discovered that this application, that only shows up in Apps and Features, is conflicting with TrialDirector. Having this application installed makes Presentation Mode truncate the end of clips during playback. To uninstall this application please navigate to Apps and Features. Once uninstalled, restart the system to reset Windows codec structure.

mpeg2 video extension.png

Attached Files
    Last edited by David Drummond; 06-15-2018, 05:06 PM.

A large database including 59 hours (50gigs) of videos was passed to me from another tech. At 1AM this morning I discovered that all 1100 clips were cutting off as mentioned above. I had seen this problem before and the only solution I knew of was to transcode them to MPEG-4 and reimport into TD. This was going to be impossible to do in only 6 hours so my hair started turning grey and falling out as my heart slowly started to fail. I found this post and you saved my life. THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
    X