Advanced Search

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TrialDirector launch or crash issues after recent Windows 10 updates.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrialDirector launch or crash issues after recent Windows 10 updates.

TrialDirector launch or crash issues after recent Windows 10 updates.

UPDATE - 8/27/2019
    1. Some users may have downloaded and installed the TrialDirector 6.8.2070.2019 update but even after installing this update, the software will not launch.
    2. If you have updated your Windows Security or 3rd Party Antivirus, you may be required to perform a complete uninstall and reinstall of TrialDirector 6
    3. Security / Antivirus can be manually updated or sometimes it will silently update in the background (without the user knowing it).
    4. Perform an uninstall of TrialDirector 6 from Control Panel > Programs and Features.
    5. From here, navigate to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\inData Corporation\TrialDirector 6
    6. Delete the TrialDirector 6 folder.
    7. Reboot your computer.
    8. Once rebooted, run the TD6WebSetup.exe as a Windows Local Admin. See your IT Group for Local Admin information.
    9. Test the software for any launch issues. If you are in maintenance, please contact Ipro Support if you have further issues.

UPDATE - 06/24/2019
    The same instructions below apply for Microsoft's 1903 update released in May. Your version may need to read 6.8.2070.2019 to avoid launch issues.

If your TrialDirector installation is crashing or having launch issues and you are on Windows 10, please read the following:

Check when your operating last updated itself using Windows Update. If it was within February 2018 to the current date, Microsoft has released specific updates that might cause launch issues within TrialDirector. You can try rolling back your update but be advised that Microsoft considers some updates critical and will not allow roll-back.

Ipro has already updated TrialDirector to deal with the updates in question. The version that addresses this should read 6.8.2070.(year) as shown in the picture below. Users may see 6.8.2070.2019 if they have updated to the latest build. Below is an example:
    2070-2018Details - TD6.png

Be advised that this will not show under the normal Help > About menu. This will only show in Windows Programs and Features as shown above.

This update is available to users that have an in maintenance TrialDirector serial number. If you are on version 2070.2018, 2070, 1802, 1608 or earlier and are running TrialDirector on Windows 10, this software configuration may not work correctly and is not supported. If you know that your serial number is in maintenance, please contact our technical support team to obtain the latest download of TrialDirector 6.

Support:
    https://support.iprotech.com/
    (877) 324-4776 or (602) 324-4780
    Hours: 5am to 7pm, Monday through Friday (MST/AZ)

If you are out of maintenance, please contact our sales team to renew maintenance:

Sales:
    https://my.iprotech.com/WF---Contact-Us---Sales_LP.html
    888-477-6463

Hours: 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday (MST / AZ)

If you are on version 6.8.2070.2019 and are still having issues launching, consider adding TrialDirector paths and exe files to your antivirus or security software. Please see your company IT Group for further instructions.
    Last edited by Chris Friedel; 2 weeks ago.
    Can't see pictures? You might have to register or login.

After Windows 10 just forced an update, xcurrently TD will not open, nor will TimeCoder. So I can't update from there. The Search for Updates option in the start menu says it can't search for updates and I need to activate TD. The only link I now see for TD on the website is TD 360, and no download options.

Comment

Hi Tom. We have replied to your request in our ticketing system under TS-10431. We have also sent you the download link.

Comment

I am having the same issue. Please send me an update link asap! I tried to call before 7pm MST - but ended up in voicemail. I need to make video clips today!

Comment

Downloaded and installed the newer version 6.8.2070.2018 and we are still having the issue. It goes through the install fine but once you go to launch it, it starts configuring then crashes. Any subsequent attempt to open it results in automatic crashes. Event viewer log:

Even ID 1000 Application error

Faulting application name: TrialDirector6.exe, version: 6.8.0.2070, time stamp: 0x5745ee12
          Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
          Exception code: 0xc0000005
          Fault offset: 0xec8b55ff
          Faulting process id: 0x3624
          Faulting application start time: 0x01d425196b5fd850
          Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\inData Corporation\TrialDirector 6\TrialDirector6.exe
          Faulting module path: unknown
          Report Id: ec760ccf-cebf-4031-ad1b-acc06e22a9d6
          Faulting package full name:
          Faulting package-relative application ID:

Comment

Originally posted by crowell_tech View Post
            Downloaded and installed the newer version 6.8.2070.2018 and we are still having the issue. It goes through the install fine but once you go to launch it, it starts configuring then crashes. Any subsequent attempt to open it results in automatic crashes. Event viewer log:

Even ID 1000 Application error

Faulting application name: TrialDirector6.exe, version: 6.8.0.2070, time stamp: 0x5745ee12
            Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
            Exception code: 0xc0000005
            Fault offset: 0xec8b55ff
            Faulting process id: 0x3624
            Faulting application start time: 0x01d425196b5fd850
            Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\inData Corporation\TrialDirector 6\TrialDirector6.exe
            Faulting module path: unknown
            Report Id: ec760ccf-cebf-4031-ad1b-acc06e22a9d6
            Faulting package full name:
            Faulting package-relative application ID:

Thanks for using Ipro Community.

If you look under Control Panel under Programs & Features to the far right, does it actually say version 6.8.2070.2018?

Also ensure you have no other versions of TrialDirector showing in the uninstall a program list (In Programs and Features, not Windows 10 app list)

If it does and you are still getting the error message, we would suggest disabling antivirus or security (temporarily) then testing launch. Try safe mode as well.

Comment

How do I get the updated version of TD6? I have been on hold for more than 1 hour and when I call, it seems that the company is in a perpetual meeting! Interesting. I would love to see some good customer support.

Comment

Thanks for using Ipro Community.

Updates are available for TrialDirector 6 if your serial number is in maintenance. Please have your serial number ready when contacting Ipro Support. If you cannot immediately reach somebody over the phone, you can submit a ticket through our support portal:

https://iprotech.com/resources/ipro-support/

Comment

I am having the same issue. Can you please send the update for version 6?

Comment

• Andrew Aldieri
                    Andrew Aldieri commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi,

I've created a support ticket so we can work on getting this out to you.

I have the latest version 6.8.2070.2019
                  I can Open a case without it crashing. I can load a video in Transcript Manager and it will play in the window to the right, however as soon as I double click on previously made segments, it crashes and goes away.
                  Image below is the version I am on

TD 8.8.2070.2019..jpg

Comment

Thanks for the screenshot.

If you load up any other depositions including the Sample Data Stacy King deposition, do we get the same behavior?

If you have a screenshot of crash log in Event Viewer - this will also help.

Comment

Working...
                    X