Archives only for ingestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archives only for ingestion

Do you have to archive loose files for ADD jobs still or is this changing?

Do you mind elaborating on this question? I'm not sure what you mean by archiving loose files for ADD jobs?

Comment

ADD Self Service still requires uploaded data to be archived in order to maintain its integrity. I do not believe this will be changing. Hopefully this helps answer your question.
      Last edited by Michael Avakian; 08-24-2017, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• jfish@casselsbrock.com
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Mike,
        This problematic for large hard drives with enormous amounts of data on them. I would have to archive the whole drive onto another medium before I could upload and process.

Originally posted by Michael Avakian View Post
      ADD Self Service still requires uploaded data to be archived in order to maintain its integrity. I do not believe this will be changing. Hopefully this helps answer your question.
      It's really to ensure complete transmission when using Self Service. An archive isn't required for processing, but if data is being transmitted, such as via Self Service, an archive will ensure complete transmission of all files, as well as not altering the metadata of the files during the transmission process.
      "Never tell your people how to do things. Tell them what you want and they'll amaze you with their creativity." - Gen. George S. Patton

Comment

Working...
      X