Eclipse Native Viewer EXE not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse Native Viewer EXE not working

Hello I have a few users attempting to use Eclipse Native Viewer but it is prompting for elevated rights. Our users do not have elevated rights on their systems. Do you have a MSi version of the application? what is the most current version of Eclipse?

Jmciver

Thank you for your inquiry. Typically a user would need some degree of permission to install the applet, but if they cannot, you can have your IT department deploy an install of the MSI located in the following folder on the IIS website server (where ADD and Eclipse are installed):

C:\Program Files\Ipro Tech\Web\EclipseWeb\EclipseWebComponents

Note: be sure to leave the original file in place as it's needed there for general functionality
    ​​​​​​​Andrew Coody
    Technical Support Engineer

Comment

Thanks for the response, we dont have the viewer installed on a server. When the exe is launched it directly opens the viewer. For some users it asks for permission. What is the current version of the viewer? and is it still supported? We have version 17.4.2.0

If there is a newer version, how can we download it?

Comment

Sorry for any miscommunication on my part. The Eclipse Native Viewer would not be installed on the server, correct, but the path I provided is where a copy of the Eclipse Native Viewer installer is stored by default when the Ipro software itself is installed. It is not an EXE rather an MSI so it should be able to be ran by a general, non-admin user, but if they cannot, then there are more stringent permissions in place that restrict this and only your IT dept can work around it by installing the software for the end users.
        While you are on a much older version of our software, the native viewer is still very much supported as it doesn't change much from version to version and is integral to the very functionality of the document viewer panel. I believe the current version of the viewer is 8.5.3. It is still supported up through Ipro for Enterprise version 2019.7.0.
        ​​​​​​​Andrew Coody

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am part of DOJ IT department, because this version is older we need the newest version. We have Trial Director in our environment so we do have an account with Ipro tech. What is the process of acquiring the newest version?

Comment

There are only two versions of the native viewer, 8.5.2 and 8.5.3, with the latter only being required I think when 2018.5.x versions came out. I don't recall specifically as it was quite a while ago. Since you're on 2017.4.2, it has to use the older native viewer and is not functional with the new one. I'm not sure I understand the precise context of "acquiring the newest version", are you referring to the native viewer or Trial Director, or Eclipse? If it's the viewer, the prior statement covers why you have to use the older compatible one, if it's the Trial or Eclipse, there differing procedures to go through to upgrade those.
            ​​​​​​​Andrew Coody

Comment

We are ok with trial director so i need eclipse native viewer. Please let me explain further. One of our attorneys acquired eclipse native viewer from the US Attorney’s Office in North Dakota. We are in DC so he got the viewer while on travel. Our process before approving software is to gather as much info about the software and vendor then we test before it can be used. We only got an exe of eclipse viewer and nothing else. We have Trial Director in our environment so we reached out to see if we can get the newest version of eclipse viewer.

Is the viewer bundled with another program?

Comment

Jmcivor

Thank you for providing some additional context. The Eclipse Native Viewer (aka just "native viewer") is just a component that gets installed the first time someone clicks to view a document in the document viewer panel, but technically speaking it's a separate application that gets physically installed. Unfortunately, I am not able to locate and provide an older version of the native viewer because we do not have older versions of our software prior to 2019.6.2 available to retrieve from. I had previously mentioned a path you can browse to where the MSI is automatically placed at by the software, and so I recommend checking that folder on your IIS web server for a copy of it that can be used at your discretion. C:\Program Files\Ipro Tech\Web\EclipseWeb\EclipseWebComponents
                ​​​​​​​Andrew Coody

Comment

Hello i think there is a miscommunication. We don't have any other software on our IIS web server. All we have is the old version of eclipse viewer that the user got from someone in another office. So i guess the question is how do we get eclipse viewer, let say the user never gave us the old version. How can we get eclipse viewer?

Comment

Jmciver

Unfortunately, I believe we're at a point in the process of troubleshooting that will likely require a remote session to proceed with this request. This is because while you indicate you have no other software on the IIS web server, the folder path I provided to you should exist and have a file in it. Perhaps that older version of the software differs far off from the versions we are customarily familiar with that my troubleshooting information is dated.. I am doing an install today so I am unavailable to reach out, but if you'd like to call in to Support at 877-324-4776 (press 1, 1, then 1 [tech support, enterprise, review software]) one of my colleagues will gladly assist further, or I can have someone reach out if you can provide a phone number.
                    Last edited by Andrew Coody; 06-23-2020, 12:06 PM.
                    ​​​​​​​Andrew Coody

Comment

Working...
                    X