Advanced Search

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to specify Group By Field" for reporting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to specify Group By Field" for reporting?

When pulling a Case Data Summary report I am prompted to select a Group By Field. Frankly, I do not want to group by anything, I just want one number - the Total Size. But if I must Group By something I want to know how this works. Like if the Group By field is blank, does the record not count?

Anyway, I want to know how to make a field show up in this list

. Clipboard Image (1).jpg
    Attached Files

Hi jmkeuning,

The best way to do what you want to do is by creating a blank GroupBy field in Eclipse Admin and call it something like Total Size. The way it works is that it will combine all items with the same value in the GroupBy field and show you the data of all items that relate. With our new empty GroupBy field, we can tally all the documents under one type and check the size for that.

-James

Comment

Hello,

You asked "But if I must Group By something I want to know how this works. Like if the Group By field is blank, does the record not count?"

If any documents have the selected group by field blank it'll group them by that field if that record's field is blank. If you have a case with 1500 records and all of them have a blank CAATNDGroup field the report will group all 1500 documents in the same group and summarize the size of that group. I recommend following James advice and creating a blank field and naming it something descriptive that tells users what the purpose of it is. This way you won't get get inaccurate TotalSize because a couple of documents happened to have some data inserted into it and was excluded from the group by condition. Please let us know if you need more.

Comment

Working...
      X