Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rename custodian

Hi All,

I need to update the custodian in ecapture. can anyone suggest the procedure for that.

Regards,
    Rashdeep Singh

rashdeep.singh

Thank you for your inquiry. Can you please advise what you're trying to update for the custodian? Are you trying to change the name or a job in the custodian?

Andrew
    ​​​​​​​Andrew Coody
    Technical Support Engineer

Comment

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to update the custodian name. Initially, it was "First Name" "Last Name". Now i want to change it to "Last Name", "First Name"

Regards,
      Rashdeep Singh

Comment

rashdeep.singh

I think the following will address your request then. All you need to know to get started is the name of your eCapture config database in SQL. Plug it in after the "USE" lines below and the rest will be asked as you use the query.

Warnings
        One or more of the below resolutions require knowledge of T-SQL and/or SQL Management Studio; consult a qualified SQL administrator for assistance with these procedures. Back up any targeted SQL databases before executing any SQL statements. Assisting with these procedures is outside the scope of normal Ipro Technical Support.

Code:
        --use this query to find the name of the client database by searching for the name. The name goes in between the percent signs like '%Apple%'.

USE eCaptureConfig  --replace this sample with your real eCapture database name

select clientname,clientdatabase from clients

where clientname like '%%'

--use this query to get to the client-specific custodians table

USE eCaptureConfig_Client00001  --replace this sample with your real eCapture client database name

select * from dbo.Custodians

/*
        --this query is in a comment block (  /* ... */  ) it can only be ran by selecting the text and clicking "Execute" in SSMS or "F5" on the keyboard.
        -- use this query to update the custodian name one at a time. requires the custodian id and old name to update

USE eCaptureConfig_Client00001  --replace this sample with your real eCapture client database name

update dbo.custodians

set custodianname='NEW NAME'

where
             custodianid=###
             and
             custodianname='OLD NAME'

*/

​​​​​​​Andrew Coody
        Technical Support Engineer

Comment

Awesome, thank you so much, Andrew

Regards,