• blinford
    replied
    Hi William,

Thank you!

Ben

Leave a comment:

• William Cherry
    replied
    I was on an install with a previous client and they had sql 2016 service pack two installed. We tried going through the smoke test, but the software wasn't working. We didn't do a deep dive to figure out where the incompatibility is so I couldn't tell you any specific issues. For the most part other clients don't use versions that are not compatible with the software. I don't know if the development department is working on 2017 certification.

Leave a comment:

• blinford
    replied
    Hi William,

Thanks!

Do you know of any issues with eCapture if we _did_ use SQL 2016 SP2 CU5, or even 2017? It seems 2016 SP1 is the newest we can go at the moment, then, but I'm just curious.

Also - while there aren't any dates for 2017 certification, do you know if working toward that is already in progress or not? If not, if there are any plans to do so? 2016 SP1 is almost 3 years old now.

Thank you,
    Ben

Leave a comment:

• William Cherry
    replied
    Hi Ben,

Unfortunately, no eCapture 2018.6.0 isn't compatible with SQL Server 2017. To be specific none of our cloud software is certified for SQL server 2017. Additionally, if you're using SQL server 2016 we only support 2016 Service Pack 1. Currently, we don't have any dates either of when the software will be certified for SQL Server 2017.

Leave a comment:

• blinford
    started a topic SQL Server 2017

SQL Server 2017

Hi All,

Does eCap 2018.6.0+ support SQL Server 2017 and newer? Is it SQL 2017 certified? I see that 2018.5.2 added 2014 and 2016 certification in May of 2018. SQL 2017 has been out for some time now, with GA likely coming very soon for SQL 2019. I'm curious to see how some of 2017's more automated performance features, like adaptive query processing and memory grant feedback, might be able to benefit our eCapture environments.

Thank you!
    Ben
Working...
X